While Membership requires a commitment of time and effort, mothers (Patronesses) and daughters (Ticktockers) say that NCL gives them:
- An organized way to serve others. Everyone wants to give back , but few of us manage to organize this on our own. NCL, Inc. provides a direct way to serve others in need in our own community.
- Leadership skills and poise. Through experiences like serving as class officers, working on committees and speaking in public, the girls develop skills they will use throughout their lives.
- A deeper bond and wonderful friendships and memories. NCL, Inc. allows mother and daughters the ability to work together, have fun and share in a joint mission of service to the community. Members form deep friendships and lasting, cherished memories are made by working an laughing together.
- Impressive credentials for college applications. Many girls who complete the six-year NCL, Inc. program accumulate hundreds of hours of community service, which is well-regarded by many colleges.
Membership in the Irvine Chapter of NCL, Inc. runs from May 1st to April 30th of each year. The recruiting starts in October of the prior year with applications due in early January. Membership in the Irvine Chapter of NCL, Inc. involves:
- Minimum Community Service Hours: Mothers need 20 total hours each year with 5 of those hours being Meals on Wheels deliveries. Daughters need 15 total hour each year with 2 of those hours being a Meals on Wheels delivery.
- Meetings and Chapter Events: Mothers attend a minimum number of monthly Chapter wide meetings while daughters attend monthly class run meeting (daughters only). Attendance to other Chapter events like Philanthropy Fair, Fashion Show, and Holiday Tea are also required.
- Hold a Class Job or Chapter Position: In order for the Chapter to run smoothly, each mother is required to hold a class of Chapter position annually. This position can be a Chapter Board position or Grade Level Advisor.
- Financial Obligation: Total cost per year is approximately $600.00. Senior year can cost $1,000 to $2,000 for personal expenses associated with Senior Presents.
Interested in Learning More?
Prospective Members need to be sponsored by a current Member of the National Charity League, Inc. Chapter they wish to join, and must reside in the City of Irvine at the time of application and admission.
If you know someone in NCL, Inc., talk to her about her Chapter’s boundaries, Membership obligations and Membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, Inc., we will contact you to discuss your options to secure a sponsor. Click the link below to ensure you are included in any information meetings.