About our Chapter
Our chapter is a nonprofit corporation with the mission to foster mother-daughter relationships in a philanthropic organization committed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Currently, our chapter supports 24 philanthropies in the Irvine area. Our main philanthropy is Irvine Meal on Wheels. Irvine Meals on Wheels’ mission is to assist homebound senior citizens in maintaining their independence by providing nutritious, healthy, great tasting meals delivered to their homes.
Some of the community service areas supported by our chapter include: disadvantaged children’s services and education, food pantries, the fine arts, healthcare, children and adults with special needs, environmental preservation, animal shelters and the United Service Organizations. In the 2017-18 volunteer year, our chapter completed more than 8,000 hours of community service.
Annual events our Chapter holds are the:
- Senior Valentine Tea planned annually by the 7th Grade Class
- Awards Night planned annually by the 8th Grade Class
- Mother Daughter Holiday Tea planned annually by the 9th Grade Class
- Fashion Show Fundraising planned annually by the 10th Grade Class
- Fashion Show planned annually by the 11th Grade Class
- Senior Presents planned annually by the 12th Grade Class.
Helping our community through scholarship is an important endeavor for our chapter. Annually, we award 4 scholarships to 4 deserving high school seniors from our Irvine community at Awards Night each May.
- Jessica Herron Memorial Scholarship
- Katy Megonigal Memorial Scholarship
- Caroline J. Kavanaugh Memorial Scholarship
- NCL Inc., Irvine Chapter Scholarship